Thursday, March 26, 2009

Yong Tat Seafood Restaurant 荣达海鲜楼

There are scattered seafood village and restaurants along Telok Gong (Glenmarie Cove 美丽湾), we probably already sampled 3 or 4 of them, so far only recommended Yong Tat 荣达 to friends, so did my ex-supplier, who was the guy first brought me there. He said to me, "you can just forget about the rest if your concern is taste over ambiance." No way for me to challenge his familiarity with Teluk Gong coz his office was just a stone thrown from those restaurants. In term of dining ambiance, yah, I think it's pity that Yong Tat does not provide alfresco dining area overlooking the sea like some of his competitors do,It's been a decade we had not been having a proper seafood dinner, I was raving for SEAFOOD, SEAFOOD & SEAFOOD! Glad that Moon read my mind and suggested to have dinner with Lew at Yong Tat, finally. Yeeaaah!!!

Their fried la-la mihun (RM7.00 for servings of 3) was as palatable as before. I like my fried mihun not too dry nor moist. This fried mihun (thin rice vermicelli) with abundant super mini la-la clam (similar to those Japanese short neck clam known as ”asari 浅蜊”) underneath was simply too ravishing, I couldn't help to devour all remaining until the very last strand!*slurp* Steamed Mantis Prawn (RM3 per piece, 6 x RM3 =RM 18.00) is also one of their signature. With the length of my palm, I do concur with Yong Tat's culinary method to steam it with Shaoxing Wine 绍兴酒 and shredded ginger. The broth was mild salty and the two ladies (Moon & Lew) seemed to enjoy it very much. Maybe I was being fussy, I think it's somehow less delicious compared to the one I had before. Another flaw is they overcooked the roes. Sautéed Wong Dai Miu 皇帝苗(RM6.00) ordered by Moon. I think not many including myself would ever appreciate the greasy surface of this veggie. Yes, it's GREEN but for sure I am not likely to order this unless requested by Moon. Steamed salted Kampung Chicken 走地鸡 ( RM10.00 per half portion). Kampung chicken raised on ground is always meatier in taste and firmer in texture than those bred in poultry farm. Again it's good to be steamed! Best part is the size, just nice for the 3 of us. From the beginning, we know steamed dish is the strength of Yong Tat. Also because I could hardly see sweet & sour, butter baked or hot & spicy being served on other tables. My instinct told me that Yong Tat could be bad at this kind of fancy cooking style. Out of my expectation, first time among my many dining experiences here, the young lady who was writing the order for us suggested us to try their Hot & Spicy Crab (RM32.00 per KG), Moon was intrigued to accept her proposal. It seemed that Moon had made a right decision this time, the crab infused with mouthwatering aroma imparted from spices and curry leaves was too good to be finished within a blink. Fresh coconut (RM3.50 per unit).
The total sum we paid for this meal is RM89.00, good enough to satisfy my craving for seafood!

Kedai Makanan Laut Yong Tat
No. 9185, Kampung Telok Gong, Pandamaran, 42000 Pelabuhan Klang, Selangor Darul Ehsan.
Tel : 03-3134 1167


View Larger Map

Business Hours :
Mon
11.30am-3.00pm

Tue~Fri
11.30am~3.00pm
5.30pm~10.00pm

Sat~Sun
11.30am~10.00pm

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails