Friday, April 3, 2009

Canton-I 香港粥面家

Canton-I seems to be a big hit in town. Ying excitedly announced to us," Now you don’t have to go all the way to Hong Kong for roasted goose, you can get your fix at Canton-I!!”

One of the fine Sunday noon, we went Mid Valley for shopping. While it was still early, we stumbled across Canton-I with fewer customers having dim sum and morning tea. This was absolutely good chance for us coz usually the large multitude waiting outside kept us away. First thing to order definitely would be the Hong Kong trademark beverage which colloquially known as Yun Yong (鸳鸯). It's a mix of coffee and milk tea. Canton-I serves it in a cup with cute smiley printing, Moon couldn't help to get her hand off the cup.
Needless to say, the next would be the roasted goose that we raved for! I think it’s not practical if I compare it with the one we had in Hong Kong as roasted goose is rare in Malaysia. We asked for roasted goose's drumstick + rice (烧鹅饭 RM24). The rice came with poached egg and 2 stalks of choy sum, the drumstick was not as big as we had expected it to be. It's about the size of duck's. This is my second experience with roasted goose. I find that the goose meat was less flabby and leaner as compared to duck. Probably goose does more exercise than duck!? Besides, it is not as gamy as duck. Now I know why people like goose over duck and goose priced triple of a duck. ;-)
The congee we had in Macau and Hong Kong was freaking creamy, we like to know how good congee Canton-I makes, so we gave a go for carp fish ball and lettuce congee (顺德鲮鱼球粥 RM22). A small bowl of cracker served together with the fish ball congee. Texture of the congee was smooth yet a little soupy, but it’s good enough. I know tangerine peel is great ingredient to get rid the stinky smell of fish, but must not copious or else natural sweetness of the fish will be completely overwhelmed by the tangy tangerine peel just like this one. Being deceived by the vivid photo on menu, we ordered steamed prawn dumpling with omelet skin (石榴虾 RM10). If you get the chance to compare my picture vs. theirs, you know what I mean. Not only it didn’t look as good as the picture it tasted bland too. Chilled Mango pudding( 鲜芒果冻布丁 RM6.00), frankly I don't recommend this。the rotten mango taste turned me off (Sorry, I don’t mean to be sarcastic, that’s just my own discretion).
Moon said, next round she would treat her dad and mom goose's drumstick here after getting her salary.
Address : Canton-I, LG-202 & 203A, Lower Ground Floor, The Gardens, Midvalley, Lingkaran Syed Putra, 59200 Kuala Lumpur
Tel : 03-2284 6888

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails